The Sharks fell 3-2 in a shootout loss last night, with the shootout ending on Jarret Stoll's glove-side wrister. Lots to talk about:
- #1.A.I Topic of disussion - Torrey Fucking Mitchell. Holy Shit Holy Shit Holy Shit!!! This kid was a revelation. He played out of his mind last night. One of his many near-misses, about halfway through the first, was incredible. Mitchell, alone on the forecheck, pursued 3 different Oilers in the attacking zone. This forced a turnover, Mitchell hit the gas then made a sweet deke on the defender and rang a shot off the post. It's just one game, but Mitchell displayed aggressiveness, presence, sweet hands, and killer speed. I'm excited.
- The defense sucked. How many odd man rushes did Edmonton have at the start of the 3rd? How many huge saves did Nabby have to make to keep us in it? Maybe they were gassed? Murray played just 5 minutes, with the rest of the D getting between 23-27 minutes.
- Speaking of Murray, the refs blew tons of calls last night. Murray's game misconduct was the most egregious. Torres takes a cheap shot and Murray's the one who gets a misconduct? What's the message you're trying to send, NHL? McLaren's trip and Hemsky's hold in the first were also blown calls.
- I fucking hate the Oilers. A bunch of cheap shot, no talent losers. It was mentioned during the broadcast that teams that can't keep up with San Jose's talent will be more inclined to take cheap shots, and that sure is what happened. On that note,
- Raffi Torres, after last night's blatant knee to Pavelski, you are my new most hated player in the league. Congratulations, I hope a goalie stick gets shoved up your ass (blade first). Oh and nice hair. The blonde makes you look less like a ginger pussy and more like you're cruising for a hand job at The Manhole. Go fuck yourself.
- Joe Thornton, still awesome. His 5 shots on goal lead the team, when he averaged 2.6 per game last year. His goal with 10 seconds left was an absolute laser. I love when they show a play in slow motion, except when it gets to the good part, it looks like it's still in regular speed. See: Trent Green's concussion from game 1 last year.