On to 2010-2011, you may have seen the schedule was released today. Snap impressions:
- San Jose starts the season on Friday October 8th in Stockholm, Sweden vs. the hated Columbus Blue Jackets. Make sure to set your alarm clocks... those of you that set your alarm clocks 4 months in advance.
- The legit home opener takes place on Saturday October 16th vs. Atlanta. Atlanta will be playing their 5th game of the season and already out on the road, while San Jose will be knocking off a week of rust and 6000 miles of jet lag! Who's excited to blow the home opener against the shittiest team in the Southeast?!
- We play Detroit at home on 11/30 and 3/3, and Chicago at home on 11/24 and 12/11. Because I know you were going to check anyways.
- Random out of conference games I'm excited for - Toronto on 1/11/11 (numerology FTW) and Washington on 2/17 (maybe, just maybe, I can finally see an Alexander the Great game in person)
- San Jose goes on their annual February odyssey yet again, going to Anaheim, Boston, Washington, Columbus, New Jersey, Florida, Nashville, before finally going back to San Jose. 7600 air miles in 15 days. Fun!
- The biggest schedule news: clearly the Pacific slugfest to close out the season. From March 24th to April 9th, San Jose plays Dallas once, LA and Anaheim twice, and Phoenix three times, without a single non-division game. EPIC. I'm excited.